- 5VDC solar cells pre-wired in sets of 3 and mounted in a 5″ x 4″ x 7/16″ black-plastic frames
- 5 volt DC motor with leads and a mount
- Another great science kit from Elenco, the Snap Circuit company
- A fan blade and (4) plastic discs from 5/8″ dia to 2″ dia for mounting on the motor shaft
- A 1 5V incandescent bulb with leads, a sound module with leads, and graphic cards to mount on the discs
Your kids will have a blast developing basic knowledge of solar energy with these do-it-yourself science experiments. They’ll learn how to make an electrical circuit or solar circuit, how to increase voltage and current and how to use solar power to produce energy for a radio, calculator, battery charger, cassette player and more. This kit can be put to use for a science fair project, classroom demonstrations or at home. The kit includes a fan, light bulb, solar panel, sound box with connecting wires and a 14-page instruction book with information on how to increase voltage and amperage, powering battery charges, radios, games and more.