- BUILD YOUR OWN COMPUTER: Kit includes everything your child needs to build their own fully functioning computer from start to finish. Solve in-game puzzles and continue to build power-ups in the game through physical controls, switches, buttons, & lights. No technical knowledge required!
- HANDS ON STEM LEARNING: Once the computer is built, kids progress to a guided series of fun and engaging challenges. Using Piper’s StoryMode, kids make their way through a secret mission as they attach wires and connect electronic components to progress within the game. Instant feedback makes learning exciting and enjoyable!
- LEARN TO CODE: Kids learn the basics of coding with 11 progressively challenging projects based on Google Blockly’s easy drag-and-drop visual programming language. PiperCode helps kids gain confidence through accomplishing tangible, physical tasks through coding.
- CREATED FOR KIDS AGES 8+: Built to be simple enough for beginners so that once kids learn the foundations they can advance to more challenging coding projects. Once your child is ready, they can progress to the pre-loaded Python programming language ensuring years of use and fun!
- NEW & IMPROVED: Piper Computer Kit 2 features an integrated build-it-yourself speaker and amplifier, graphics explode on the screen with the new 9″ monitor with a 1024×600 screen resolution, re-engineered structure for multi-rebuilds, reusable carrying case and more educational coding challenges than ever before!
Studies have shown that kids engage more when they learn with hands-on projects. The Piper Computer Kit is an experience for creation and discovery, not a toy for consumption. Piper builds confidence and introduces worlds for exploration, while making screen time learning time. The Piper Computer Kit was engineered to help kids construct meaning in STEAM by using all of their senses with do-it-yourself assembly, physical electronic wiring challenges, and hands-on coding projects. The Piper Computer Kit includes everything your child needs to build a fully functioning computer from start to finish. When they’ve finished the construction phase, kids learn the basics of coding and progress through increasingly more challenging projects based on Google Blockly’s easy drag-and-drop visual programming language. With Piper kids are taught how computers work and how to code in a fun and tangible way that builds the confidence for a lifetime of success with technology.