- HOBBY MODEL KIT – Unassembled model packed in an envelope with easy to follow instructions. Ideal for ages 14 and up
- NO GLUE OR SOLDER NEEDED – Parts can be easily clipped from the metal sheets. Tweezers are the recommended tool for bending and twisting the connection tabs
- HIMEJI CASTLE – 3 Sheet Model with a challenging difficulty level.
- FROM STEEL SHEETS TO 3D – Pop out the pieces and connect using tabs and holes. Includes illustrated instructions
- HIGHLY DETAILED ETCHED MODEL – Display your 3D model once completed – collect and build them all
The Metal Earth models are amazingly detailed etched models that are fun and satisfying to assemble. Each model starts out as 4 inch square metal sheets and you simply pop out the pieces using wire cutters and follow the included directions to assemble your model. The Himeji Castle is also known as the White Heron Castle because of the way that its soaring white stucco walls resemble a graceful heron taking flight. The original fortress was built in 1346 and the castle in its current form was completed 1610. The castle is full of defensive features however it has never been attacked in its 400 year history. In 1993 it was designated a World Heritage Site. The model is 2.8×2.7×2.35 inches when built. Difficulty level: Challenging. No glue or solder needed.