- HANDMADE DOLLS – Lovingly knitted and embroidered by skilled artisans in Peru one stitch at a time, one day at a time, so each one is unique.”
- EACH DOLL HAS A STORY – Our cuddly creations are knitted and embroidered by hand, patiently one at a time. The details and humorous touches give them their own individual spirits and stories and inspire a whole world of play.
- BABY SHOWER GIFT – Bring the most popular gift to the baby shower. An authentic and timeless gift newborns, babies & children love. A blabla friend is a friend for life.
- ALL NATURAL & SAFE – 100% natural cotton. Made only with certified non-toxic materials ensuring to ensure your baby is safe. Fair trade & sustainably sourced.
- MACHINE WASHABLE – Wash sparingly. Our dolls are machine washable in cold water, gentle cycle. Lay flat to dry. For extra care: Place in a garment bag or pillow case for washing. Roll in a towel to release excess water before laying flat to dry.
“DOLL DESIGN & NAMING PROCESS: Often it’s only an emotion, an intuition which evolves little by little into images, then into a vague prototype, improved and refined ten, sometimes twenty times, until it finally evokes the first feelings. Design usually starts with some research about the animals themselves, about their features, their habits and their temperament. Some things cannot be argued with, like the shape of an ear, a large nose or big teeth. That’s always a good place to start. Slowly the details take shape in hand drawn sketches. A captain costume for him, a bathing suit for her, to suggest the respect and the water these animals inspire. Then the photoshop madness starts and all the scenarios transformed themselves into options. Which kind of captain? A cap or a beenie? Shorts or pants? Stripes? Each of those details somehow convey a different feeling. The options narrowed down, it’s time to make a prototype. The specs drawings are sent to Peru, where our talented teams of knitters make the images come to life. The process can be long. Things never turn exactly the way you think that they will, but eventually after several months of trials and errors, the final touches are made and the doll is approved. Ta-Da! Now it’s time to confirm their name. Everybody around our office gets involved. It’s always fun. Sometimes we have to vote. For the hippos, Jacques was named after Jacques Cousteau and Esther after a synchronized swimmer from the 20s. SUSTAINABILY SOURCED: Fairtrade and sustainability have always been our philosophy. We’ve been working with the same artisans for fifteen years. We’ve watched their families grow and bloom. CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Our stuffed animals are 100% Cotton with a Polyester Fiber Filling. Your Blabla Doll can be washed sparingly in cold water on gentle cycle or we recommend hand washing to take extra care. Next lay your doll flat to dry.”